We are Going Well!

23.8.08

The good houses are continuing. My parents came to watch the show tonight and they seemed to enjoy it. I was also impressed with the actors who are working to make the show fresh every night. I do not hold with the thought that art in theatre comes from endowing the same actions with new thoughts/emotions every night. Rather, I aim for theatre which is diffferent every performance; the actors need to test their skills and take the time to experiment during the run. Afterall, if they are just going to do the same things then there is little reason to be present during a production. Instead of having me there to watch them and give them guidance, it is now your turn to guide them in their acting. If actors are to continue doing the same things each night then there is less reason for the audience to become involved in the production.

0 comments:

 
Neal's Current Projects - Templates para novo blogger